Top 5 Reasons Silk Nightgowns Are the Only Pajamas You Need
For people young and old, few things are more comforting than a deep, comforting sleep. Drifting off into dream land, resetting your body, and refreshing your mind for the next morning is your much deserved break at the end of each long day. But the best sleep is the result of choosing the best sleepwear to keep your body comfortable so you can focus on completely unwinding. Known for a multitude of health and durability benefits, silk nightgowns are a top choice over cotton and polyester blends. Check out our Top 5 list of reasons to choose silk pajamas, and you’ll soon become a convert.
- Silk Nightgowns Are Healthy – Pajamas that are actually good for you? You bet. Derived from the cocoons of silkworms, the natural substances that protect the silkworm transfer to you as a hypoallergenic fabric that repels dust mites, mold, and fungi. Amino acids in silk are also known for promoting skin health and supporting the function of the central nervous system.
- Smooth and Luxurious – Most obviously, silk is silky and feels delectable on the skin. Beyond the other benefits of the fabric, you feel like royalty when you throw on a silk nightgown or tunic. Soothing to the touch and as soft as a butterfly’s wing, every day will feel like a spa day waking up in some silk pj’s.
- Lightweight, Yet Durable – 100% silk is highly durable, in spite of its extremely lightweight feel. Especially when the weight of silk is around 18 momme, the fabric is sturdier and more likely to last. Silk is also easy to care for, requiring only a gentle hand wash in lukewarm water before line drying. For proper silk care, never wash it in a washing machine or dry in a dryer.
- Cool in the Summer, Warm in the Winter – Silk is truly a magical fabric. Able to absorb up to a third of its weight in water before it feels wet, it easily wicks away moisture, keeping you dry and cool in the warmer months. Also, due to its thermal balancing properties as a naturally draping fabric, silks eliminates air pockets, helping to trap in body heat during the winter to keep you comfortable year round.
- Fun Versatility – Silk nightgowns are versatile beyond their simple use as sleepwear. Especially when you try the designs Grace Silk offers like the tunic style, batwing-sleeved, or palace style, you’ll find yourself just as comfortable in these nightgowns while lounging at home as you will when pairing them with some leggings for a night out on the town. Also, you can sport longer designs as a dress. The possibilities are endless!
Wrap yourself in luxury, and discover the multiple benefits of silk nightgowns. Try one for yourself today when you browse the catalog at Grace Silk, filled with a variety of vibrant designs and styles, all 18 momme weight to ensure quality and durability.